Cytokeratin 5 antibody
Mouse anti Cytokeratin 5
Cytokeratin 5 antibody recognizes the keratin type II cytoskeletal 5 protein, also known as 58 kDa cytokeratin, CK-5, epidermolysis bullosa simplex 2 Dowling-Meara/Kobner/Weber-Cockayne types, keratin 5 or type-II keratin Kb5.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Encoded by KRT5, cytokeratin 5 is a member of the keratin protein family. The type II cytokeratins consist of basic or neutral proteins which are arranged in pairs of heterotypic keratin chains coexpressed during differentiation of simple and stratified epithelial tissues. This type II cytokeratin is specifically expressed in the basal layer of the epidermis with family member KRT14. Mutations in these genes have been associated with a complex of diseases termed epidermolysis bullosa simplex. The type II cytokeratins are clustered in a region of chromosome 12q12-q13 (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human cytokeratin 5 antibody detects a band of 62 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti cytokeratin 5 detects a band of approximately 62 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified recombinant fragment of human cytokeratin 5 expressed in E. coli
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P13647 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- KRT5 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005200 structural constituent of cytoskeleton
- GO:0008544 epidermis development
- GO:0031581 hemidesmosome assembly
- GO:0045095 keratin filament
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Cytokeratin 5 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.