Cytokeratin 18 antibody | CY90
Mouse anti Human Cytokeratin 18 antibody, clone CY90 recognizes human cytokeratin 18, a 45 kDa member of the acidic family of Cytokeratins. Cytokeratin 18 is often expressed in combination with cytokeratin 8. This antibody stains a range of simple epithelial, but not stratified squamous epithelia.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Ready To Use
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide 0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Human A-431 and MCF-7 cell lines
- Store at +4oC.
DO NOT FREEZE.
This product should be stored undiluted. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P05783 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- KRT18 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0005198 structural molecule activity
- GO:0007049 cell cycle
- GO:0009653 anatomical structure morphogenesis
- GO:0034451 centriolar satellite
- GO:0043000 Golgi to plasma membrane CFTR protein transport
- GO:0043066 negative regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- GO:0045095 keratin filament
- GO:0048471 perinuclear region of cytoplasm
- For research purposes only
Applications of Cytokeratin 18 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen||Neat|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||Neat|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. Serotec target unmasking fluid (STUF) product code BUF025A is recommended for this purpose.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Antigen Retrieval Buffer, pH8.0||BUF025A||500 ml||P|
Product Specific References
References for Cytokeratin 18 antibody
MacFarlane, M. et al. (2000) Active caspases and cleaved cytokeratins are sequestered into cytoplasmic inclusions in TRAIL-induced apoptosis.
J Cell Biol. 148 (6): 1239-54.
Holliday, D. et al. (2009) Novel multicellular organotypic models of normal and malignant breast: tools for dissecting the role of the microenvironment in breast cancer progression.
Breast Cancer Res 11: R3
Clark, S.E. et al. (2011) Molecular subtyping of DCIS: heterogeneity of breast cancer reflected in pre-invasive disease.
Br J Cancer. 2011 Jan 4;104(1):120-7
Ginzberg, H.H. et al (2001) Neutrophil-mediated epithelial injury during transmigration: role of elastase.
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 281: G705-17.