Cytokeratin 14 antibody
Mutations in the cytokeratin 5 (KRT5) and cytokeratin 14 (KRT14) genes have been identified in patients with the skin disorder epidermolysis bullosa simplex (Coulombe et al. 1991) and in other epidermal conditions including Naegeli-Franceschetti-Jadassohn syndrome and dermatopathia pigmentosa reticularis (Lugassy et al. 2006).
Human anti Human cytokeratin 14 antibody recognizes human cytokeratin 14 as a band of ~52 kDa in HeLa cell lysates by western blotting under reducing conditions.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti cytokeratin 14 antibody detects a band of approximately 52 kDa in HeLa cell lysates.
- Product Form
- A bivalent human recombinant Fab selected from the HuCAL® GOLD phage display library, expressed in E. coli. This Fab fragment is dimerized via a helix-turn-helix motif. The antibody is tagged with a myc-tag (EQKLISEEDL) and a his-tag (HHHHHH) at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain. This product is supplied as a liquid.
- Recombinant human monoclonal antibody purified by metal chelate affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant human cytokeratin 14
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P02533 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- KRT14 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0005739 mitochondrion
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005200 structural constituent of cytoskeleton
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0008544 epidermis development
- GO:0031581 hemidesmosome assembly
- GO:0045095 keratin filament
- GO:0045110 intermediate filament bundle assembly
- Sold under license of U.S. Patents 6753136, 7785859 and 8273688 and corresponding patents. This antibody was developed by Bio-Rad, Zeppelinstr. 4, 82178 Puchheim, Germany. PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories. His-tag is a registered trademark of EMD Biosciences.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Cytokeratin 14 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.