Cytokeratin 14 antibody | AbD03759
Human anti Human Cytokeratin 14 antibody, clone AbD03759 recognizes human cytokeratin 14 (CK14), a ~50kDa acidic type I intermediate filament. The intermediate filaments are expressed as heterodimers in epithelial tissues. CK14 is expressed in the basal compartment of all stratified squamous epithelia and is co-expressed with cytokeratin 5 (CK5). Mutations in the cytokeratin 5 (KRT5) and cytokeratin 14 (KRT14) genes have been identified in patients with the skin disorder Epidermolysis bullosa simplex (EBS).Human anti Human Cytokeratin 14 antibody, clone AbD03759 is also known under the designation clone 3759.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- A bivalent human recombinant Fab (kappa light chain) selected from the HuCAL® GOLD phage display library, expressed in E. coli. This Fab fragment is dimerized via a helix-turn-helix motif. The antibody is tagged with a myc-tag (EQKLISEEDL) and a his-tag (HHHHHH) at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain. This antibody is supplied liquid.
- Metal chelate affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- Recombinant human cytokeratin 14.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- P02533 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- KRT14 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0005739 mitochondrion
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005200 structural constituent of cytoskeleton
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0008544 epidermis development
- GO:0031581 hemidesmosome assembly
- GO:0045095 keratin filament
- GO:0045110 intermediate filament bundle assembly
- Sold under license of U.S. Patents 6753136, 7785859 and 8273688 and corresponding patents. This antibody was developed by Bio-Rad, Zeppelinstr. 4, 82178 Puchheim, Germany.
His-tag is a registered trademark of EMD Biosciences.
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes only, unless otherwise specified in writing by Bio-Rad.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Cytokeratin 14 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1/25||1/50|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human bladder
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse anti Histidine Tag:Alk.Phos.||MCA1396A||0.1 mg||E WB|
|Mouse anti Histidine Tag:Biotin||MCA1396B||0.1 mg||E WB|
|Mouse anti c-Myc:Alk.Phos.||MCA2200A||0.1 mg||C E P WB*|
|Mouse anti c-Myc:Biotin||MCA2200B||0.1 mg||C E P WB*|
|Mouse anti c-Myc:HRP||MCA2200P||0.1 mg||C E P WB*|
|Mouse anti Penta Histidine Tag:HRP||MCA5995P||125 µl||E WB|