Cytochrome C antibody | 2G8
A second major function for cytochrome c is its role as an intermediate in apoptosis, both through its association with inositol-3-phosphate receptor (IP3 receptor) which acts as an ER calcium release channel, and its association with apoptotic protease activating factor 1 (Apaf-1), resulting in the formation of the apoptosome protein complex which then recruits and activates pro-caspase 9 (Apaf-3).
Mouse anti human Cytochrome C antibody, clone 2G8 is reported to block the role of cytochrome c as a co-factor in the activation of caspase 9 (Neame et al. 1998) . Removal of sodium azide is recommended prior to use in functional assays – Bio-Rad recommend the use of EQU003 for this purpose.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rabbit Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Human cytochrome c.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P99999 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- CYCS Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000159 protein phosphatase type 2A complex
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005743 mitochondrial inner membrane
- GO:0005758 mitochondrial intermembrane space
- GO:0005759 mitochondrial matrix
- GO:0022904 respiratory electron transport chain
- GO:0006309 DNA fragmentation involved in apoptotic nuclear change
- GO:0006810 transport
- GO:0008629 induction of apoptosis by intracellular signals
- GO:0008635 activation of caspase activity by cytochrome c
- GO:0045155 electron transporter, transferring electrons from CoQH2-cytochrome c reductase complex and cytochrome c oxidase complex activity
- GO:0020037 heme binding
- GO:0070469 respiratory chain
- For research purposes only
Applications of Cytochrome C antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Flow Cytometry 1|
- 1Membrane permeabilisation is required for this application. Bio-Rad recommends the use of Leucoperm™ (Product Code BUF09) for this purpose.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse IgG1 Negative Control||MCA928||F||100 Tests|
Product Specific References
References for Cytochrome C antibody
Neame, S.J. et al. (1998) Blocking cytochrome c activity within intact neurons inhibits apoptosis.
J Cell Biol. 142 (6): 1583-93.