Cystatin C antibody
The cystatin superfamily encompasses proteins that contain multiple cystatin-like sequences. Some of the members are active cysteine protease inhibitors, while others have lost or perhaps never acquired this inhibitory activity. There are three inhibitory families in the superfamily, including the type 1 cystatins (stefins), type 2 cystatins and the kininogens. The cystatin locus on chromosome 20 contains the majority of the type 2 cystatin genes and pseudogenes. The CST3 gene, which encodes Cystatin C, is located in the cystatin locus and encodes the most abundant extracellular inhibitor of cysteine proteases, which is found in high concentrations in biological fluids and is expressed in virtually all organs of the body. A mutation in CST3 has been associated with amyloid angiopathy. Expression of this protein in vascular wall smooth muscle cells is severely reduced in both atherosclerotic and aneurysmal aortic lesions, establishing its role in vascular disease (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human cystatin C antibody detects a band of 13 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti cystatin C detects a band of approximately 13 kDa in A431 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Yeast-derived recombinant protein
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P01034 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- CST3 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0001540 beta-amyloid binding
- GO:0002020 protease binding
- GO:0006952 defense response
- GO:0004869 cysteine-type endopeptidase inhibitor activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0010703 negative regulation of histolysis
- GO:0010711 negative regulation of collagen catabolic process
- GO:0010716 negative regulation of extracellular matrix disassembly
- GO:0043206 fibril organization
- GO:0060311 negative regulation of elastin catabolic process
- GO:0060313 negative regulation of blood vessel remodeling
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Cystatin C antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.