Cranin antibody | 6C1 (4G2)
Mouse anti Human Cranin antibody, clone 6C1 recognises human cranin, also known as dystroglycan. Cranin is expressed in brain and many other tissues, it binds laminin with high affinity in a calcium dependent manner. It appears to be important in maintaining normal muscle integrity. Loss of cranin from the muscle surface may be one of the primary events leading to muscle injury in congenital muscular dystrophies, it may also play a role in the cognitive deficits often seen in such conditions. Mouse anti Human cranin, clone 6C1 recognizes an extracellular region close to the C terminal end of the alpha subunit of human cranin.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Xenopus Chicken Sheep Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Ascites - liquid
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- A synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 572-604 of human cranin (dystroglycan).
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- Q14118 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- DAG1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000299 integral to membrane of membrane fraction
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0003779 actin binding
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005604 basement membrane
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0005856 cytoskeleton
- GO:0007016 cytoskeletal anchoring at plasma membrane
- GO:0008307 structural constituent of muscle
- GO:0015631 tubulin binding
- GO:0017166 vinculin binding
- GO:0030027 lamellipodium
- GO:0030175 filopodium
- GO:0030336 negative regulation of cell migration
- GO:0034453 microtubule anchoring
- GO:0043237 laminin-1 binding
- GO:0043409 negative regulation of MAPKKK cascade
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- GO:0051393 alpha-actinin binding
- GO:0051898 negative regulation of protein kinase B signaling cascade
- GO:0070938 contractile ring
- For research purposes only
Applications of Cranin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen||1/1||1/50|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Neurons, astrocytes, smooth muscle, fibroblasts or epithelial cell lines.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Product Specific References
References for Cranin antibody
Smalheiser, N.R. & Kim, E. (1995) Purification of cranin, a laminin binding membrane protein. Identity with dystroglycan and reassessment of its carbohydrate moieties.
J Biol Chem. 270 (25): 15425-33.
Smalheiser, N.R. & Schwartz, N.B. (1987) Cranin: a laminin-binding protein of cell membranes.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 84 (18): 6457-61.