The CTTN gene product is overexpressed in breast cancer and squamous cell carcinomas of the head and neck. The CTTN protein is localized in the cytoplasm and in areas of the cell-substratum contacts. CTTN has two roles: (1) regulating the interactions between components of adherens-type junctions and (2) organizing the cytoskeleton and cell adhesion structures of epithelia and carcinoma cells. During apoptosis, the encoded protein is degraded in a caspase-dependent manner. The aberrant regulation of CTTN contributes to tumor cell invasion and metastasis. Three splice variants that encode different isoforms have been identified for CTTN (provided by RefSeq, May 2010).
Mouse anti Human cortactin antibody detects a band of 85 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti cortactin detects a band of approximately 85 kDa in MCF7 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Human cortactin produced in HEK293 cells
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0001726 ruffle
- GO:0005625 soluble fraction
- GO:0005856 cytoskeleton
- GO:0005938 cell cortex
- GO:0030027 lamellipodium
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Cortactin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra