Chk1 antibody | 2G1D5
Chk1, like the other checkpoint kinase Chk2, is a serine/threonine protein kinase that plays a crucial role in cell cycle control. Chk1 becomes phosphorylated and consequently activated in response to DNA damage by the ATR kinase. Upon this activation Chk1 phosphorylates a variety of proteins including p53 and Cdc25, which triggers cell cycle arrest, DNA repair and apoptosis (Bartek and Lukas, 2003).
Chk1 plays a critical role in preventing aberrant cells from progressing through the cell cycle. Based on this, it is not surprising that Chk1 is of interest in the field of cancer research and as a therapeutic target (Thompson and Eastman, 2013).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant human Chk1
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0006260 DNA replication
- GO:0000077 DNA damage checkpoint
- GO:0000079 regulation of cyclin-dependent protein kinase activity
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0000794 condensed nuclear chromosome
- GO:0004674 protein serine/threonine kinase activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0005815 microtubule organizing center
- GO:0006281 DNA repair
- GO:0006468 protein phosphorylation
- GO:0007131 reciprocal meiotic recombination
- GO:0007276 gamete generation
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0090399 replicative senescence
- For research purposes only
Applications of Chk1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Western Blotting||1 ug/ml|
- Western Blotting
- Mouse ant Chk1 recognizes a band of ~55 kDa by western blot