CHD3 encodes a member of the CHD family of proteins which are characterized by the presence of chromo (chromatin organization modifier) domains and SNF2-related helicase/ATPase domains. This protein is one of the components of a histone deacetylase complex referred to as the Mi-2/NuRD complex which participates in the remodeling of chromatin by deacetylating histones. Chromatin remodeling is essential for many processes including transcription. Autoantibodies against this protein are found in a subset of patients with dermatomyositis. Three alternatively spliced transcripts encoding different isoforms have been described (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human CHD3 antibody detects a band of 260 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti CHD3 detects a band of approximately 260 kDa in MCF7 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - Liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody affinity purified on immunogen from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide
- E. coli-derived recombinant protein of the C-terminal region of human CHD3
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0000785 chromatin
- GO:0003677 DNA binding
- GO:0003682 chromatin binding
- GO:0006333 chromatin assembly or disassembly
- GO:0004003 ATP-dependent DNA helicase activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0006350 transcription
- GO:0006357 regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0016568 chromatin modification
- GO:0016581 NuRD complex
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of CHD3 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|