CHAF1B antibody | OTI2D5
Chromatin assembly factor 1 (CAF1) is required for the assembly of histone octamers onto newly-replicated DNA. CAF1 is composed of three protein subunits, p50, p60, and p150. Encoded by the CHAF1B gene, chromatin assembly factor 1 subunit B corresponds to the p60 subunit and is required for chromatin assembly after replication. Chromatin assembly factor 1 subunit B is differentially phosphorylated in a cell cycle-dependent manner. In addition, it is normally found in the nucleus except during mitosis, when it is released into the cytoplasm. This protein is a member of the WD-repeat HIR1 family and may also be involved in DNA repair (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human CHAF1B antibody detects a band of 70 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti CHAF1B detects a band of approximately 70 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Full length recombinant human CHAF1B (NP_005432) produced in HEK293T cells
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0051082 unfolded protein binding
- GO:0006260 DNA replication
- GO:0003682 chromatin binding
- GO:0042393 histone binding
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0005678 chromatin assembly complex
- GO:0006281 DNA repair
- GO:0006335 DNA replication-dependent nucleosome assembly
- GO:0006350 transcription
- GO:0006461 protein complex assembly
- GO:0007049 cell cycle
- GO:0045449 regulation of transcription
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of CHAF1B antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra