CDK7 antibody | MO-1.1
Cdk7 is a 346 amino acid member of the CDC2/CDKX subfamily of serine/threonine family of protein kinases. Cdk7, as part of the CAK complex is involved with the transcription factor TFIIH and is thought to be involved in the control of cell cycle progression, DNA repair and RNA polymerase II (pol II) transcription. Cdk7 demonstrates ubiquitous muclear expression in normal tissues and is expressed in cancer tissues (Bartkova et al. 1996).
Mouse anti Human cdk7 recognizes human cyclin-dependent kinase 7 as a single band of ~39 kDa in multiple human cell lysates by western blotting under reducing conditions.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti cdk7 antibody detects a band of approximately 39 kDa in HeLa cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein A/G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant fragment of cdk7 corresponding to a 221 amino acid sequence from the C-terminus
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000079 regulation of cyclin-dependent protein kinase activity
- GO:0000080 G1 phase of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0000082 G1/S transition of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0000084 S phase of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0000086 G2/M transition of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0000718 nucleotide-excision repair, DNA damage removal
- GO:0003713 transcription coactivator activity
- GO:0005739 mitochondrion
- GO:0004693 cyclin-dependent protein kinase activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005675 holo TFIIH complex
- GO:0006283 transcription-coupled nucleotide-excision repair
- GO:0006361 transcription initiation from RNA polymerase I promoter
- GO:0006362 transcription elongation from RNA polymerase I promoter
- GO:0006363 termination of RNA polymerase I transcription
- GO:0006367 transcription initiation from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0006368 transcription elongation from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0006370 mRNA capping
- GO:0006468 protein phosphorylation
- GO:0008022 protein C-terminus binding
- GO:0008094 DNA-dependent ATPase activity
- GO:0008283 cell proliferation
- GO:0008353 RNA polymerase II carboxy-terminal domain kinase activity
- GO:0016032 viral reproduction
- GO:0030521 androgen receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0045944 positive regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0050434 positive regulation of viral transcription
- GO:0050681 androgen receptor binding
- GO:0051301 cell division
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of CDK7 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Product Specific References
Tassan, J.P. et al. (1994) Cell cycle analysis of the activity, subcellular localization, and subunit composition of human CAK (CDK-activating kinase).
J Cell Biol. 127 (2): 467-78.
References for CDK7 antibody
Aagaard, L. et al. (1995) Aberrations of p16Ink4 and retinoblastoma tumour-suppressor genes occur in distinct sub-sets of human cancer cell lines.
Int J Cancer. 61 (1): 115-20.
Falck, J. et al. (2001) Functional impact of concomitant versus alternative defects in the Chk2-p53 tumour suppressor pathway.
Oncogene. 20 (39): 5503-10.
Syljuåsen, R.G. et al. (2006) Adaptation to the ionizing radiation-induced G2 checkpoint occurs in human cells and depends on checkpoint kinase 1 and Polo-like kinase 1 kinases.
Cancer Res. 66 (21): 10253-7.
Lukás, J. et al. (1992) Distinct forms of human CDC2 identified by novel monoclonal antibodies.
Eur J Biochem. 207 (1): 169-76.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra