The CDC25C gene is highly conserved during evolution and it plays a key role in the regulation of cell division. The encoded protein is a tyrosine phosphatase and belongs to the Cdc25 phosphatase family. It directs dephosphorylation of cyclin B-bound CDC2 and triggers entry into mitosis. It is also thought to suppress p53-induced growth arrest. Multiple alternatively spliced transcript variants of CDC25C have been described, however, the full-length nature of many of them is not known (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human Cdc25C antibody detects a band of 75 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti Cdc25C detects a band of approximately 75 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified recombinant fragment of human Cdc25C expressed in E. coli
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P30307 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- CDC25C Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0006260 DNA replication
- GO:0000075 cell cycle checkpoint
- GO:0000079 regulation of cyclin-dependent protein kinase activity
- GO:0000086 G2/M transition of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004725 protein tyrosine phosphatase activity
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0006470 protein dephosphorylation
- GO:0007067 mitosis
- GO:0007088 regulation of mitosis
- GO:0007089 traversing start control point of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0008283 cell proliferation
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- GO:0050699 WW domain binding
- GO:0051301 cell division
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Cdc25C antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.