Human anti Human CD81 antibody, clone AbD06083 recognizes human CD81, which is a 26 kDa member of the TM4SF tetraspanin family. In humans, CD81 is widely expressed on most tissues with T-cells having the highest level of expression, followed by monocytes and B-cells. Levels of CD81 expression are increased after activation.
CD81 has the ability to interact with a wide range of proteins and plays an important role in a variety of leucocyte functions including activation, proliferation and differentiation. In recent studies, the CD81 molecule has been identified as the putative receptor for the hepatitis C virus (HCV) envelope E2 glycoprotein and is vital for HCV entry into hepatic cells.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- A bivalent human recombinant Fab selected from the HuCAL® GOLD phage display library, expressed in E. coli. This Fab fragment is dimerized via a helix-turn-helix motif. The antibody is tagged with a myc-tag (EQKLISEEDL) and a his-tag (HHHHHH) at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain. This antibody is supplied liquid.
- Metal chelate affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- Recombinant human CD81
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Ig concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
activation of MAPK activity
integral to plasma membrane
phosphatidylinositol biosynthetic process
positive regulation of cell proliferation
positive regulation of 1-phosphatidylinositol 4-kinase activity
virion attachment, binding of host cell surface receptor
positive regulation of peptidyl-tyrosine phosphorylation
regulation of immune response
- This product and/or its use is covered by claims of U.S. patents, and/or pending U.S. and non-U.S. patent applications owned by or under license to Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. See bio-rad.com/en-us/trademarks for details.
His-tag is a registered trademark of EMD Biosciences.
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes only, unless otherwise specified in writing by Bio-Rad.
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CD81 antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra