CD71 antibody | 23D10
Mouse anti Human CD71 (soluble)
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Mouse anti Human CD71 (Soluble) antibody, clone 23D10 recognizes human soluble CD71 (also known as transferrin receptor, or TfR). CD71 is a homodimeric membrane protein, approximately 90 kDa in size. It is responsible for the uptake of iron into the cell, by binding to and internalising iron-bound transferrin (ferrotransferrin). After the iron is released into the cell, the apotransferrin is relocated to the cell surface and released into the circulation. When CD71 is cleaved at Arg-100, a soluble (or serum) form of the protein is released. The level of soluble CD71 is used to detect erythropoietin misuse by athletes. It is also used to diagnose iron deficiency anemia.
Mouse anti Human CD71 (Soluble) antibody, clone 23D10 recognizes human soluble transferrin receptor and the complex between soluble transferrin receptor and transferrin.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified human soluble transferrin receptor.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse Sp2/0 myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Western Blotting 1|
- 1Clone 23D10 recognises human CD71 (soluble) under non-reducing conditions.
- Transferrin Receptor
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0008233 peptidase activity
- GO:0004998 transferrin receptor activity
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0005768 endosome
- GO:0005905 coated pit
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0006879 cellular iron ion homeostasis
- GO:0006897 endocytosis
- GO:0033572 transferrin transport
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0042470 melanosome
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- GO:0055085 transmembrane transport
If you cannot find the batch/lot you are looking for please contact our technical support team for assistance.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Human Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up