CD56 antibody | 123C3
Filter by Application:F C IF Reset
Mouse anti Human CD56:FITC
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Mouse anti Human CD56 antibody, clone 123C3 recognizes human neural cell adhesion molecule (NCAM), otherwise known as CD56. The CD56 molecule is a cell surface glycoprotein expressed on neuroendocrine cells, natural killer cells and a subset of T cells in the peripheral blood. Three main isoforms of CD56 exist. Neurons express the largest 180 kDa form, while hemopoietic cells express the 140 kDa isoform. Mouse anti Human CD56 antibody, clone 123C3 recognizes both the 140 kDa and the 180 kDa isoform of the CD56 protein.
In neuronal tissues, CD56 mediates homophilic and heterophilic adhesion and is implicated in neural development. CD56 is also expressed on thyroid follicular epithelium and may play a role in autoimmune disease of the thyroid. CD56 is expressed in a range of tumors including tumors of the lung, neural derived malignancies and natural killer cell lymphomas.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG conjugated to Fluorescein Isothiocyanate Isomer 1 (FITC) - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3) 1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Membrane preparation of small lung carcinoma.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.1mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunized Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the murine Sp2/0 myeloma cell line.
- Max Ex/Em
Fluorophore Excitation Max (nm) Emission Max (nm) FITC 490 525
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product is photosensitive and should be protected from light.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra
References for CD56 antibody
Schol, D.J. et al. (1988) Monoclonal antibody 123C3, identifying small cell carcinoma phenotype in lung tumours, recognizes mainly, but not exclusively, endocrine and neuron-supporting normal tissues.
Int J Cancer Suppl. 2: 34-40.
Mooi, W.J. et al. (1988) Monoclonal antibody 123C3 in lung tumour classification. Immunohistology of 358 resected lung tumours.
Mol Cell Probes. 2 (1): 31-7.
Moolenaar, C.E. et al. (1990) Expression of neural cell adhesion molecule-related sialoglycoprotein in small cell lung cancer and neuroblastoma cell lines H69 and CHP-212.
Cancer Res. 50 (4): 1102-6.
Aloysius, M.M. et al. (2010) Mucins and CD56 as markers of tumour invasion and prognosis in periampullary cancer.
Br J Surg. 97: 1269-78
Wanka, G. et al. (2020) LDOC1 as Negative Prognostic Marker for Vulvar Cancer Patients.
Int J Mol Sci. 21 (23) Dec 05 [Epub ahead of print].
Heylmann, D. et al. (2021) Comparison of DNA repair and radiosensitivity of different blood cell populations.
Sci Rep. 11 (1): 2478.
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up