CD44 is a receptor for hyaluronic acid (HA) and is involved in cell-cell interactions, cell adhesion and migration. CD44 also participates in a wide variety of cellular functions including lymphocyte activation, recirculation and homing. CD44 expression may be up-regulated upon some carcinomas, and it has been speculated that this may be related to metastatic potential (Hofmann et al. 1991).
Mouse anti Human CD44 antibody recognizes the standard CD44 isoform lacking any of the variable region exon products as a ~82 kDa band in HeLa cell line lysates by western blotting under reducing conditions. In addition, Mouse anti Human CD44 antibody will recognize all higher molecular weight forms of CD44 containing one or more of the variable region exon products.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti CD44 antibody detects a band of approximately 82 kDa in HeLa cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Stimulated human leucocytes
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of CD44 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra