Mouse anti Human CD338, clone BXP-21 recognises an internal epitope of CD338, otherwise known as the Breast Cancer Resistance Protein (BCRP), a ~70 kDa transmembrane half transporter involved in multidrug resistance. Mouse anti Human CD338, clone BXP-21 does not cross react with human MDR1, MRP1 or MRP2 gene products.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Serum free tissue culture supernatant - liquid
- Preservative Stabilisers
|0.02%||Sodium Azide (NaN3)|
|0.1%||Bovine Serum Albumin|
- Fusion protein consisting of the E.coli maltose binding protein and a 126 amino acid part of the CD338 peptide corresponding to aa 271-396 of BCRP according to Genebank accession number AF103796. HPRD:04783
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.25 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- Entrez Gene
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CD338 antibody
|Immunohistology - Frozen
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for CD338 antibody
Maliepaard, M. et al. (2001) Subcellular localization and distribution of the breast cancer resistance protein transporter in normal human tissues.
Cancer Res. 61 (8): 3458-64.
Scheffer, G.L. et al. (2000) Breast cancer resistance protein is localized at the plasma membrane in mitoxantrone- and topotecan-resistant cell lines.
Cancer Res. 60 (10): 2589-93.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra