Encoded by the CDH1 gene, CD324 is a classical cadherin from the cadherin superfamily. CD324 is a calcium dependent cell-cell adhesion glycoprotein comprised of five extracellular cadherin repeats, a transmembrane region and a highly conserved cytoplasmic tail. Mutations in CDH1 are correlated with gastric, breast, colorectal, thyroid and ovarian cancer. Loss of function is thought to contribute to progression in cancer by increasing proliferation, invasion, and/or metastasis. The ectodomain of this protein mediates bacterial adhesion to mammalian cells and the cytoplasmic domain is required for internalization. Identified transcript variants arise from mutation at consensus splice sites (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human CD324 antibody detects a band of 135 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti CD324 detects a band of approximately 135 kDa in A431 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified recombinant fragment of human CD324 expressed in E. coli
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P12830 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- CDH1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0050839 cell adhesion molecule binding
- GO:0005913 cell-cell adherens junction
- GO:0005925 focal adhesion
- GO:0006921 cellular component disassembly involved in apoptosis
- GO:0007156 homophilic cell adhesion
- GO:0015629 actin cytoskeleton
- GO:0016235 aggresome
- GO:0016328 lateral plasma membrane
- GO:0016342 catenin complex
- GO:0016563 transcription activator activity
- GO:0022408 negative regulation of cell-cell adhesion
- GO:0034329 cell junction assembly
- GO:0034332 adherens junction organization
- GO:0042993 positive regulation of transcription factor import into nucleus
- GO:0043296 apical junction complex
- GO:0045295 gamma-catenin binding
- GO:0048471 perinuclear region of cytoplasm
- GO:0050776 regulation of immune response
- GO:0071285 cellular response to lithium ion
- GO:0071681 cellular response to indole-3-methanol
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of CD324 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.