Mouse anti Human CD321 antibody, clone F11
recognizes human Junctional adhesion molecule A, also known as CD321, JAM-1, JAM-A, Platelet F11 receptor, Platelet adhesion molecule 1 or PAM-1. CD321 is a 272 amino acid ~35 kDa single pass type 1 transmembrane glycoprotein expressed by endothelium, epithelial tissues and some leukocytes (Ostermann et al. 2002
). CD321 was originally identified as the F11 receptor expressed on platelets (Kornecki et al. 1990
Mouse anti Human CD321 antibody, clone F11 is able to activate platelets, leading to aggregation and granule secretion (Kornecki et al. 1990
, Naik et al. 1995
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Human platelet membranes.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunized Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse SP2/0 myeloma cell line.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
integral to membrane
interspecies interaction between organisms
tight junction assembly
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CD321 antibody
|Functional Assays 1
- 1 This product contains sodium azide, removal by dialysis is recommended prior to use in functional assays.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells in 100ml
- Western Blotting
- MCA2270 detects a band of approximately 35-40kDa in platelet cell lysates.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available
Application Based External Images
Product Specific References
Kornecki, E. et al. (1990) Activation of human platelets by a stimulatory monoclonal antibody.
J Biol Chem. 265 (17): 10042-8.
References for CD321 antibody
Sobocka, M.B. et al. (2000) Cloning of the human platelet F11 receptor: a cell adhesion molecule member of the immunoglobulin superfamily involved in platelet aggregation.
Blood. 95 (8): 2600-9.
Fraemohs, L. et al. (2004) The functional interaction of the beta 2 integrin lymphocyte function-associated antigen-1 with junctional adhesion molecule-A is mediated by the I domain.
J Immunol. 173 (10): 6259-64.
Immenschuh, S. et al. (2009) Transcriptional induction of junctional adhesion molecule-C gene expression in activated T cells.
J Leukoc Biol. 85 (5): 796-803.
Haarmann, A. et al. (2010) Evaluation of soluble junctional adhesion molecule-A as a biomarker of human brain endothelial barrier breakdown.
PLoS One. 5 (10): e13568.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra