Mouse anti Human CD261 antibody, clone DR-4-02 recognizes human death receptor 4 (DR4), also known as CD261 or TRAIL- R1. DR4 is a type I transmembrane protein of 468 amino acids, which is expressed in most human tissues including spleen, peripheral blood leucocytes, thymus and in a variety of tumour-derived cell lines.
DR4 plays a role in inducing cell death. The binding of TRAIL to DR4 triggers the activation of pro-caspases 8 and 10, leading to apoptosis.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 488- liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
|1%||Bovine Serum Albumin|
- Fusion protein containing the extracellular region of CD261 (DR4).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.05 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunized F1 hybrid mice were fuzed with cells of the SP2/0-Ag14 myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product is photosensitive and should be protected from light.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
integral to membrane
death receptor activity
activation of caspase activity
activation of NF-kappaB-inducing kinase activity
transcription factor binding
induction of apoptosis via death domain receptors
caspase activator activity
- This product is provided under an intellectual property licence from Life Technologies Corporation. The transfer of this product is contingent on the buyer using the purchase product solely in research, excluding contract research or any fee for service research, and the buyer must not sell or otherwise transfer this product or its components for (a) diagnostic, therapeutic or prophylactic purposes; (b) testing, analysis or screening services, or information in return for compensation on a per-test basis; (c) manufacturing or quality assurance or quality control, or (d) resale, whether or not resold for use in research. For information on purchasing a license to this product for purposes other than as described above, contact Life Technologies Corporation, 5791 Van Allen Way, Carlsbad CA 92008 USA or email@example.com
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CD261 antibody
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells in 100ul.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Negative Isotype Controls Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for CD261 antibody
Cosgrove, C. et al. (2013) Early and nonreversible decrease of CD161++/MAIT cells in HIV infection.
Blood. 121: 951-61.
Crescenzi, E. et al. (2011) NF-κB-dependent cytokine secretion controls Fas expression on chemotherapy-induced premature senescent tumor cells.
Oncogene. 30: 2707-17.
Zhang, Y. and Zhang, B. (2008) TRAIL resistance of breast cancer cells is associated with constitutive endocytosis of death receptors 4 and 5.
Mol Cancer Res. 6: 1861-71.