Human CD19 is expressed on virtually all cells of the B-cell lineage with the exception of plasma cells and plays a regulatory role in B-cell differentiation and proliferation. B-cells are essential for antibody production and mutations in the CD19 gene can lead to an immunodeficiency syndrome, CIVD3 characterized by hypogammaglobulinemia leading to recurrent infections and the inability to mount an antibody mediated response to immune insult. Although immunoglobulin production is impaired, B-cell precursors appear in normal numbers together with some reduction in more mature B-cell forms (van Zelm et al. 2006). B-cells have also been implicated in the progression and pathogenesis of multiple sclerosis and are common circulatory components of both active and chronic MS lesions and well as in CSF (Ritchie et al. 2004).
Mouse anti Human CD19 antibody detects a band of ~95 kDa in Western blotting using a Raji B-cell lymphoma cell lysate under reducing conditions.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti CD19 antibody detects a band of approximately 95 kDa in Raji cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to the C-terminal amino acids CGPDPAWGGGGRMGTWSTR of human CD19 coupled to KLH
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0005057 receptor signaling protein activity
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0006968 cellular defense response
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of CD19 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|