CD162 antibody | TC2
Filter by Application:F Reset
|Mouse anti Human CD162 clone TC2, recognizes CD162 also known as P-Selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 (PSGL-1). It is a 120 kDa transmembrane protein that primarily exists as a homodimer on hematopoietic cells including myeloid, lymphoid, dendritic cells and some non-hematopoietic cells (Laszik et al. 1996).
The most well know function of CD162, when activated, is its role in inflammation in that it slows down leucocytes on the surface of activated epithelium. This occurs when one of its ligands, P-, E- or L- selectin on activated platelets or activated endothelial cells bind to its N-terminal extracellular domain. Upon P-selectin binding, a very long molecule is essentially formed which extends from the activated endothelial cells and leukocyte surface layer, These can also effectively capture circulating myeloid cells. Before a ligand can bind to CD162, the receptor must be postranslationally modified with sialylated, fucosylated O-glycans as well as sulfation at the N-terminal tyrosines (Kappelmayer & Nagy 2017). Mutations which interrupt these post translational modifications prevent ligand binding and has been shown to result in patients suffering from infections of the mucosal membrane and skin (Maly et al. 1996).
The TC2 clone has been used in flow cytometry experiments to examine the effects on CD162 expression levels on the surface of neutrophils upon treatment with histidine-rich glycoprotein which can regulate immunothrombosis and inflammation (Wake et al. 2016).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG conjugated to R. Phycoerythrin (RPE) - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.2% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Human thymocytes
- >95% by SDS PAGE
- Max Ex/Em
Fluorophore Excitation Max (nm) Emission Max (nm) RPE 488nm laser 496 578 RPE 561nm laser 546 578
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed for 12 months from the date of despatch or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
This product should be stored undiluted. This product is photosensitive and should be protected from light.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 20ul of the undiluted reagent to label 1x106 cells in 100ul
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up