CD162 antibody | TC2
The most well know function of CD162, when activated, is its role in inflammation in that it slows down leucocytes on the surface of activated epithelium. This occurs when one of its ligands, P-, E- or L- selectin on activated platelets or activated endothelial cells bind to its N-terminal extracellular domain. Upon P-selectin binding, a very long molecule is essentially formed which extends from the activated endothelial cells and leukocyte surface layer, These can also effectively capture circulating myeloid cells. Before a ligand can bind to CD162, the receptor must be postranslationally modified with sialylated, fucosylated O-glycans as well as sulfation at the N-terminal tyrosines (Kappelmayer & Nagy 2017). Mutations which interrupt these post translational modifications prevent ligand binding and has been shown to result in patients suffering from infections of the mucosal membrane and skin (Maly et al. 1996).
The TC2 clone has been used in flow cytometry experiments to examine the effects on CD162 expression levels on the surface of neutrophils upon treatment with histidine-rich glycoprotein which can regulate immunothrombosis and inflammation (Wake et al. 2016).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG conjugated to R. Phycoerythrin (RPE) - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.2% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Human thymocytes
- >95% by SDS PAGE
- Store at +4°C. DO NOT FREEZE.
This product should be stored undiluted. This product is photosensitive and should be protected from light.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0007596 blood coagulation
- GO:0005102 receptor binding
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0005624 membrane fraction
- GO:0051635 bacterial cell surface binding
- GO:0071354 cellular response to interleukin-6
- For research purposes only
Applications of CD162 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 20ul of the undiluted reagent to label 1x106 cells in 100ul
Negative Isotype Controls Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse IgG1 Negative Control:RPE||MCA928PE||F||100 Tests|