CD154 antibody | 1H4
|Mouse anti Human CD154 (Soluble) antibody, clone 1H4 recognizes the soluble form of CD154, otherwise known as CD40 Ligand/TRAP, a ~32 kDa glycoprotein and member of the TNF family, which is specifically expressed on activated, but not resting, CD4+ T cells, dendritic cells (DCs), B cells and macrophages.
CD154 binds CD40, and acts as a key co-stimulatory molecule through the activation of antigen-presenting cells, and as a regulator of the generation and functional properties of Th1 helper cells. CD154 exists in both a membrane-bound and soluble form, the latter of which is generated through proteolytic processing by a matrix metalloproteinase (MMP), in activated cells.
The binding of CD154 with its receptor CD40 is vital for many biological processes, including Ig class switching, germinal centre formation and the survival of CD40+ B cells, B cell proliferation in the absence of co-stimulus, the production of IgE in the presence of interleukin-4 (IL-4), and also in the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines, MMPs, prostaglandins and adhesion molecule upregulation, in non-immune cells.
Mouse anti Human CD154 (Soluble) antibody, clone 1H4 recognizes the soluble form of the protein.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant human soluble CD154 conjugated to BSA.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the myeloma Sp2/0 cell line.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
References for CD154 antibody
Pietravalle, F. et al. (1996) Human native soluble CD40L is a biologically active trimer, processed inside microsomes.
J Biol Chem. 271 (11): 5965-7.
- CD40 Ligand
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005164 tumor necrosis factor receptor binding
- GO:0005174 CD40 receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0005625 soluble fraction
- GO:0006916 anti-apoptosis
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0007159 leukocyte cell-cell adhesion
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0032735 positive regulation of interleukin-12 production
- GO:0042100 B cell proliferation
- GO:0045190 isotype switching
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up