CD140a antibody | 35248 (57/20)
|Mouse anti Human CD140a antibody, clone 35248 recognizes the human platelet-derived growth factor
receptor alpha, a 1089 amino acid, ~180 kDa single pass type I transmembrane glycoprotein.
PDGF is a major serum mitogen that can exist as a homo- or heterodimeric protein consisting of disulphide-linked PDGF-A and PDGF-B chains (Hart et al. 1990). The PDGF-AA, PDGF-BB and PDGF-AB isoforms bind to two distinct cell surface PDGF receptors with different affinities. Whereas PDGF receptor alpha binds all three isoforms with high affinity, PDGF R beta binds PDGF-BB and AB but not PDGF-AA (Hart et al. 1988). Both PDGF receptor alpha and beta are members of the class III subfamily of receptor tyrosine kinases (Westermark 1995).
Mouse anti Human CD140a antibody, clone 35248 is suitable for use in functional assays. The ND50 was determined as 0.2-0.6 μg/ml for blocking 10 ng/ml of PDGF-AA biological activity on a quiescent confluent cell culture of human WS1 cells.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified recombinant human platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) receptor alpha (extracellular domain), derived from the insect cell line Sf21.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 1.0 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|ELISA||0.5 µg/ml||1 µg/ml|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin||10µg/ml||20µg/ml|
|Western Blotting 1||1 µg/ml||2 µg/ml|
- 1This antibody recognizes CD140a under non-reducing conditions.
References for CD140a antibody
De Paula, M.L. et al. (2014) The PTEN inhibitor bisperoxovanadium enhances myelination by amplifying IGF-1 signaling in rat and human oligodendrocyte progenitors.
Glia. 62 (1): 64-77.
Preisner, A. et al. (2015) Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug indometacin enhances endogenous remyelination.
Acta Neuropathol. 130 (2): 247-61.
Kuroda, M. et al. (2017) Peripherally derived FGF21 promotes remyelination in the central nervous system.
J Clin Invest. 127 (9): 3496-509.
- PDGF Receptor Alpha
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001775 cell activation
- GO:0005018 platelet-derived growth factor alpha-receptor activity
- GO:0005021 vascular endothelial growth factor receptor activity
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0005161 platelet-derived growth factor receptor binding
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0018108 peptidyl-tyrosine phosphorylation
- GO:0030335 positive regulation of cell migration
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0045740 positive regulation of DNA replication
- GO:0046777 protein autophosphorylation
- GO:0048146 positive regulation of fibroblast proliferation
- GO:0048407 platelet-derived growth factor binding
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up