CD13 antibody | OTI2F10
Mouse anti CD13
Mouse anti human CD13 antibody recognizes aminopeptidase N, also known as ANPEP, AP-M, AP-N or alanyl aminopeptidase. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Aminopeptidase N is located in the small-intestinal and renal microvillar membrane, and also in other plasma membranes. The large extracellular carboxyterminal domain contains a pentapeptide consensus sequence characteristic of members of the zinc-binding metalloproteinase superfamily. Sequence comparisons with known enzymes of this class showed that CD13 and aminopeptidase N are identical (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008). The latter enzyme was thought to be involved in the metabolism of regulatory peptides by diverse cell types, including small intestinal and renal tubular epithelial cells, macrophages, granulocytes, and synaptic membranes from the CNS. Human aminopeptidase N is a receptor for one strain of human coronavirus that is an important cause of upper respiratory tract infections. Defects in ANPEP appear to be a cause of various types of leukemia or lymphoma.
Mouse anti Human CD13 antibody detects a band of 140-160 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti CD13 detects a band of approximately 140-160 kDa in THP-1 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Recombinant protein fragment corresponding to aa 668-967 of human CD13 (NP_001141) produced in E.coli
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- Shelf Life
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P15144 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- ANPEP Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0001525 angiogenesis
- GO:0004177 aminopeptidase activity
- GO:0008237 metallopeptidase activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004872 receptor activity
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0005793 ER-Golgi intermediate compartment
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0030154 cell differentiation
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of CD13 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.