CCT8 antibody | AB01/1C4
Filter by Application:WB Reset
|Mouse anti CCT8 antibody recognizes chaperonin containing T-complex polypeptide 1 subunit 8, also known as CCT-theta.
CCT8 is a component of the chaperonin-containing T-complex (TRiC), also called CCT, a large double-ring complex that appears to have the primary function of participating in protein folding (Freund et al. 2014). Each TriC subunit, named CCT1-8, is found at a fixed position within the ring. In eukaryotes, TRiC supports folding of ~10% of the cytosolic proteome, and is required for folding of the cytoskeletal protein actin (Balchin et al. 2018). Many products of genes that are deregulated in cancers are client proteins of TRiC, which suggests a role of TRiC in cancer development (Carr et al. 2017). Upregulation of CCT8 has been identified in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) cells, and plays an important role in their proliferation (Huang et al. 2014). CCT8 has also been suggested as a predictive marker for pancreatic cancer (Liu et al. 2019).
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti CCT8 antibody detects a band of approximately 56 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - Liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody affinity purified on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide
- E. coli-derived recombinant protein of amino acids 1-548 of human CCT8
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse SP2/0 myeloma cell line
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0051082 unfolded protein binding
- GO:0042623 ATPase activity, coupled
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005815 microtubule organizing center
- GO:0016235 aggresome
- GO:0045111 intermediate filament cytoskeleton
- GO:0051084 'de novo' posttranslational protein folding
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up