Caspase-8 antibody | 4-1-20
Caspase-8 is classified as an initiator caspase and acts as the most upstream trigger of Fas-Receptor (CD95) and tumour necrosis factor receptor 1 (TNFR1) mediated apoptosis. Upon activation, the cell death receptor Fas links with the adaptor molecule FADD via corresponding death domains (DD). FADD in turn then binds via death effector domains (DEDs) to procaspase-8, which then undergoes oligomerization and autocatalytic activation.
Active Caspase-8 is capable of cleaving all other known caspases, and also cleaves the Bcl-2 family member BH3-interacting domain death agonist (BID), along with the Bcl-2 associated protein p28Bap31.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Full-length human caspase-8
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
Applications of Caspase-8 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
Cohen, G.M. (1997) Caspases: the executioners of apoptosis.
Biochem J. 326 ( Pt 1): 1-16.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra