Encoded by the CASP3 gene, caspase-3 is a member of the cysteine-aspartic acid protease (caspase) family. Sequential activation of caspases plays a central role in apoptosis or programmed cell death. Caspases exist as inactive proenzymes which undergo proteolytic processing at conserved aspartic residues to produce two subunits, large and small, that dimerize to form the active enzyme. Caspase-3 cleaves and activates caspases 6, 7 and 9, and the protein itself is processed by caspases 8, 9 and 10. It is the predominant caspase involved in the cleavage of amyloid-beta 4A precursor protein, which is associated with neuronal death in Alzheimer's disease. Alternative splicing of CASP3 results in two transcript variants that encode the same protein (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human caspase-3 antibody detects a band of 32 kDa corresponding to the full-length active protein. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti caspase-3 detects a band of approximately 32 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E.coli-derived recombinant protein corresponding to aa 27-175 of human caspase-3
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0004197 cysteine-type endopeptidase activity
- GO:0005739 mitochondrion
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0006309 DNA fragmentation involved in apoptotic nuclear change
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0008624 induction of apoptosis by extracellular signals
- GO:0008629 induction of apoptosis by intracellular signals
- GO:0008635 activation of caspase activity by cytochrome c
- GO:0030264 nuclear fragmentation involved in apoptotic nuclear change
- GO:0034612 response to tumor necrosis factor
- GO:0043066 negative regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0048011 nerve growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Caspase-3 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra