Casein Kinase 2 Alpha 1 antibody | AbD22725.1
Casein kinase 2 alpha 1 is a serine/threonine protein kinase that phosphorylates acidic proteins such as casein. The kinase exists as a tetramer and is composed of an alpha, an alpha-prime, and two beta subunits. The alpha subunits contain the catalytic activity while the beta subunits undergo autophosphorylation. The protein encoded by CSNK2A1 represents the alpha subunit. While CSNK2A1 is found on chromosome 20, a related transcribed pseudogene is found on chromosome 11. Three transcript variants encoding two different proteins have been found for CSNK2A1 (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Human anti Human casein kinase 2 alpha 1 antibody detects a band of 42 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti casein kinase 2 alpha 1 detects a band of approximately 42 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- A bivalent human recombinant Fab selected from the HuCAL® phage display library, expressed in E. coli. This Fab fragment is dimerized via a helix-turn-helix motif. The antibody is tagged with a DYKDDDDK tag and a his-tag (HHHHHH) at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain. This antibody is supplied liquid.
- Recombinant human monoclonal antibody purified by metal chelate affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Full length recombinant human casein kinase 2 alpha1 expressed in Sf9 cells
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- F(ab')2 concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P68400 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- CSNK2A1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004674 protein serine/threonine kinase activity
- GO:0016055 Wnt receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0006468 protein phosphorylation
- GO:0007411 axon guidance
- GO:0016580 Sin3 complex
- GO:0016581 NuRD complex
- GO:0047485 protein N-terminus binding
- Sold under license of U.S. Patents 6753136, 7785859 and 8273688 and corresponding patents. This antibody was developed by Bio-Rad, Zeppelinstr. 4, 82178 Puchheim, Germany. PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories. His-tag is a registered trademark of EMD Biosciences.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Casein Kinase 2 Alpha 1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.