Mouse anti CALPAIN-1
Mouse anti human calpain-1 antibody recognizes the calpain-1 catalytic subunit, also known as CAPN1, CANP 1, calcium-activated neutral proteinase 1, calpain mu-type, or micromolar-calpain. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
The calpains, calcium-activated neutral proteases, are non-lysosomal, intracellular cysteine proteases. The mammalian calpains include ubiquitous, stomach-specific, and muscle-specific proteins. The ubiquitous enzymes consist of heterodimers with distinct large, catalytic subunits associated with a common small, regulatory subunit. CAPN1 encodes the large subunit of the ubiquitous enzyme, calpain-1. Several transcript variants encoding two different isoforms have been found for CAPN1 (provided by RefSeq, Nov 2010).
Mouse anti Human calpain-1 antibody detects a band of 80 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti calpain-1 detects a band of approximately 80 kDa in K562 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between amino acids from the human region of human calpain-1
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P07384 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- CAPN1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0008284 positive regulation of cell proliferation
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of CALPAIN-1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.