C5 antibody | Eculizumab
Human anti C5 (Eculizumab Biosimilar)
Anti-C5 Antibody is a non-therapeutic biosimilar of the monoclonal antibody drug eculizumab (Soliris) for research use. It can be used in bioanalytical assays and for studying biological pathways affected by the drug.
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
- IgG2 Kappa
|Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Human Anti-C5 Antibody is for research use only. It is suitable as a reference standard in a pharmacokinetic (PK) bridging ELISA with anti-eculizumab antibodies. It can also be used as capture and detection reagent in an anti-drug antibody (ADA) bridging ELISA, with an anti-eculizumab antibody in IgG1 format as reference standard.
Eculizumab (Soliris) is a humanized IgG2/4 kappa antibody. The heavy chains are comprised of human IgG2 sequences in CH1, the hinge and the adjacent portion CH2, and human IgG4 sequences in the remaining part of CH2 and CH3. The drug is used to treat paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH), a rare acquired life-threatening disease of the blood characterized by destruction of red blood cells by the complement system. It also has approval as an orphan drug for treatment of atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS). Eculizumab specifically binds to the terminal complement component 5 (C5) and inhibits the cleavage of C5 to C5a and C5b by the C5 convertase, which prevents the generation of the terminal complement complex C5b-9. Both C5a and C5b-9 cause the terminal complement-mediated events that are characteristic of PNH and aHUS. A 1:1 molar ratio of eculizumab to C5 is sufficient for C5 inhibition.
This product is NOT FOR THERAPEUTIC USE.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Human IgG2/4 (kappa) antibody - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Proclin 300
- Human C5
- >98% by SDS PAGE
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- P01031 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- C5 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000187 activation of MAPK activity
- GO:0004866 endopeptidase inhibitor activity
- GO:0005579 membrane attack complex
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006935 chemotaxis
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0006957 complement activation, alternative pathway
- GO:0006958 complement activation, classical pathway
- GO:0007186 G-protein coupled receptor protein signaling pathway
- GO:0008009 chemokine activity
- GO:0019835 cytolysis
- GO:0010575 positive regulation vascular endothelial growth factor production
- GO:0010760 negative regulation of macrophage chemotaxis
- GO:0090197 positive regulation of chemokine secretion
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes only. Research grade biosimilar. Not for use in therapeutic or diagnostic procedures for humans or animals.
- For research purposes only
Applications of C5 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|