BRCA1 antibody | 6B4
Along with BRCA2, BRCA1 is a high risk gene which is associated with hereditary breast and ovarian cancers, particularly at a younger age of diagnosis. Women carrying the BRCA1 mutation have a 50-95% chance of developing breast cancer in later life, but genetic screening and increased awareness of preventative surgery can reduce this risk significantly (Ford et al. 1994). Deleterious BRCA1 mutations may also increase the risk of other cancers in both males and females including pancreatic cancer, although in males pancreatic and prostate cancer appear to be more strongly associated with BRCA2 gene mutations.
BRCA1 is a key marker of triple-negative breast cancer/TNBC (ER-/PR-/HER2-), a high risk aggressive cancer which makes up about 15% of invasive breast cancers, and which lacks the benefit of specific therapy that targets the three major proteins ER/PR/HER2. Triple-negative tumors are predominantly basal-like, poorly differentiated and of higher histological grade. Younger women have an increased rate of basal or BRCA related TNBC, compared with the higher proportion of apocrine, normal-like and rare subtypes of TNBC, seen in older women.
Mouse anti BRCA1, clone 6B4 recognizes the full length ~220 kDa BRCA1, but does not recognize the delta11b splice variant. The breast milk cell line HBL100 can be used as a positive control.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E.coli expressed BRCA1 protein fragment corresponding to amino acids 341-748.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised mice were fused with cells of the mouse NS1 myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0007059 chromosome segregation
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0000724 double-strand break repair via homologous recombination
- GO:0003677 DNA binding
- GO:0003713 transcription coactivator activity
- GO:0003723 RNA binding
- GO:0030529 ribonucleoprotein complex
- GO:0006915 apoptosis
- GO:0004842 ubiquitin-protein ligase activity
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0006301 postreplication repair
- GO:0006359 regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase III promoter
- GO:0006633 fatty acid biosynthetic process
- GO:0006978 DNA damage response, signal transduction by p53 class mediator resulting in transcription of p21 class mediator
- GO:0007049 cell cycle
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0008274 gamma-tubulin ring complex
- GO:0008630 DNA damage response, signal transduction resulting in induction of apoptosis
- GO:0042802 identical protein binding
- GO:0010212 response to ionizing radiation
- GO:0010552 positive regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0015631 tubulin binding
- GO:0016481 negative regulation of transcription
- GO:0016563 transcription activator activity
- GO:0030521 androgen receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0031398 positive regulation of protein ubiquitination
- GO:0031436 BRCA1-BARD1 complex
- GO:0031572 G2/M transition DNA damage checkpoint
- GO:0031625 ubiquitin protein ligase binding
- GO:0042127 regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0043627 response to estrogen stimulus
- GO:0045717 negative regulation of fatty acid biosynthetic process
- GO:0045739 positive regulation of DNA repair
- GO:0046600 negative regulation of centriole replication
- GO:0050681 androgen receptor binding
- GO:0051865 protein autoubiquitination
- GO:0070531 BRCA1-A complex
- GO:0071681 cellular response to indole-3-methanol
- GO:0085020 protein K6-linked ubiquitination
- GO:0006260 DNA replication
- GO:0000794 condensed nuclear chromosome
- GO:0003684 damaged DNA binding
- GO:0005813 centrosome
- GO:0006281 DNA repair
- GO:0006310 DNA recombination
- GO:0009048 dosage compensation, by inactivation of X chromosome
- GO:0043009 chordate embryonic development
- GO:0051298 centrosome duplication
- For research purposes only
Applications of BRCA1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Breast carcinoma
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for BRCA1 antibody
Scully, R. et al. (1996) Location of BRCA1 in human breast and ovarian cancer cells.
Science. 272 (5258): 123-6.
Chen, Y. et al. (1996) Response: Location of BRCA1 in Human Breast and Ovarian Cancer Cells.
Science. 272 (5258): 125-6.
Zhong, Q. et al. (1999) Association of BRCA1 with the hRad50-hMre11-p95 complex and the DNA damage response.
Science. 285 (5428): 747-50.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra