Beta Amyloid antibody | MAb1.1
Mouse anti Human beta-amyloid protein 42 antibody, clone Mab1.1 specifically binds to the 37-42aa region, and does not recognise full-length APP or the 40 amino acid peptide processed from APP (Aβ40). It stains diffuse plaques found in the brain of Alzheimer’s disease patients. It does not stain healthy brain tissue or other organs.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- A construct of the last six amino acids of Aβ42 (GGVVIA) and a potent T-cell epitope from Chlamydia pneumonia CWL pmp8-protein, synthesised directly onto an LPA scaffold (See Axelsen et al. for full details).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the NS1 myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P05067 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- APP Related reagents
- For research purposes only
Applications of Beta Amyloid antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen||20||40 ug/ml|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
- If plates are coated with 2ug/ml Aβ42, clone Mab1.1 can be used at a dilution of 0.2ug/ml for an OD of approximately 2.
- This product does not require antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Alzheimer's disease brain
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Beta Amyloid antibody
Axelsen, T.V. et al. (2009) Specific recognition of the C-terminal end of A beta 42 by a high affinity monoclonal antibody.
Mol Immunol. 46 (11-12): 2267-73.