Bcl-6 antibody | OTI20A3
Mouse anti Bcl-6
BCL6 antibody recognizes B-cell lymphoma 6 protein, also known as B-cell lymphoma 5 protein, B-cell lymphoma 6 protein, B-cell lymphoma 6 protein transcript, BCL-5, BCL-6, cys-his2 zinc finger transcription factor, or lymphoma-associated zinc finger gene.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Encoded by BCL6 gene, the B-cell lymphoma 6 protein is a zinc finger transcription factor and contains an N-terminal POZ domain. This protein acts as a sequence-specific repressor of transcription, and has been shown to modulate the transcription of START-dependent IL-4 responses of B cells. This protein can interact with a variety of POZ-containing proteins that function as transcription corepressors. BCL6 is found to be frequently translocated and hypermutated in diffuse large-cell lymphoma (DLCL), and may be involved in the pathogenesis of DLCL. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different protein isoforms have been found for BCL6 (provided by RefSeq, Sep 2008).
Mouse anti Human Bcl-6 protein antibody detects a band of 98 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti Bcl-6 detects a band of approximately 98 kDa in Raji cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Human recombinant protein fragment corresponding to amino acids 1-300 of human Bcl-6 (NP_001697) produced in E. coli
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P41182 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- BCL6 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000060 protein import into nucleus, translocation
- GO:0000122 negative regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0002634 regulation of germinal center formation
- GO:0002903 negative regulation of B cell apoptosis
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006974 response to DNA damage stimulus
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0016564 transcription repressor activity
- GO:0030308 negative regulation of cell growth
- GO:0043065 positive regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0043565 sequence-specific DNA binding
- GO:0045749 negative regulation of S phase of mitotic cell cycle
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Bcl-6 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.