Bcl-2 antibody | 100
Mouse anti Human bcl-2 antibody reacts with small B lymphocytes in the mantle zone and many cells within T cell areas. Very few cells in germinal centres are stained. In the thymus many cells in the medulla are stained but the cortex shows weak or negative staining. In non-hematopoietic tissues few cells are stained (Krajewski et al. 1995). The antibody reacts with neoplastic cells of follicular lymphoma and anaplastic large cell lymphoma (Reed 1997).
Mouse anti Human bcl-2 antibody recognizes bcl-2 as a ~26 kDa single band by western blotting in various human cell lysates and the COS-7 cell line.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti bcl-2 antibody detects a band of approximately 26 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity African green monkey
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 41-54 of human bcl-2
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P10415 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- BCL2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000209 protein polyubiquitination
- GO:0001836 release of cytochrome c from mitochondria
- GO:0002020 protease binding
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005741 mitochondrial outer membrane
- GO:0005789 endoplasmic reticulum membrane
- GO:0006916 anti-apoptosis
- GO:0006959 humoral immune response
- GO:0006974 response to DNA damage stimulus
- GO:0007565 female pregnancy
- GO:0008629 induction of apoptosis by intracellular signals
- GO:0008633 activation of pro-apoptotic gene products
- GO:0042493 response to drug
- GO:0009636 response to toxin
- GO:0010039 response to iron ion
- GO:0016563 transcription activator activity
- GO:0030307 positive regulation of cell growth
- GO:0030890 positive regulation of B cell proliferation
- GO:0031965 nuclear membrane
- GO:0032848 negative regulation of cellular pH reduction
- GO:0034097 response to cytokine stimulus
- GO:0035094 response to nicotine
- GO:0042100 B cell proliferation
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0043496 regulation of protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0043497 regulation of protein heterodimerization activity
- GO:0043524 negative regulation of neuron apoptosis
- GO:0043565 sequence-specific DNA binding
- GO:0046902 regulation of mitochondrial membrane permeability
- GO:0046982 protein heterodimerization activity
- GO:0050853 B cell receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0051402 neuron apoptosis
- GO:0051434 BH3 domain binding
- GO:0051607 defense response to virus
- GO:0051881 regulation of mitochondrial membrane potential
- GO:0051902 negative regulation of mitochondrial depolarization
- GO:0070059 apoptosis in response to endoplasmic reticulum stress
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Bcl-2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.