BAX antibody | 2D2
Mouse anti Human BAX antibody, clone 2D2 has been successfully used for the immunoprecipitation of bovine BAX from thymus (Basañez et al. 1999).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat African green monkey Bovine
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- A synthetic peptide corresponding to the N-terminal region (aa 3-16) of human Bax having the sequence C-GSGEQPRGGGPTSS.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Splenocytes from mice immunized with KLH-conjugated BAX peptide were fused with cells of the murine NS-1 myeloma.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
Applications of BAX antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Western Blotting
- MCA2738 detects a band of approximately 23kDa in COLO320 DM cell lysates.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for BAX antibody
Hsu, Y.T. and Youle, R.J. (1997) Nonionic detergents induce dimerization among members of the Bcl-2 family.
J Biol Chem. 272: 13829-34.
Hsu, Y.T. et al. (1997) Cytosol-to-membrane redistribution of Bax and Bcl-X(L) during apoptosis.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 94 (8): 3668-72.
Wolter, K.G. et al. (1997) Movement of Bax from the cytosol to mitochondria during apoptosis.
J Cell Biol.139: 1281-92.
Zhang, Y. et al. (2002) Selective cytotoxicity of intracellular amyloid beta peptide1-42 through p53 and Bax in cultured primary human neurons.
J Cell Biol. 156: 519-29.
Basañez, G. et al. (1999) Bax, but not Bcl-xL, decreases the lifetime of planar phospholipid bilayer membranes at subnanomolar concentrations.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 96: 5492-7.
Yethon, J.A. et al. (2003) Interaction with a membrane surface triggers a reversible conformational change in Bax normally associated with induction of apoptosis.
J Biol Chem. 278: 48935-41.
Liu, F.T. et al. (2003) Bax conformational change is a crucial step for PUMA-mediated apoptosis in human leukemia.
Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 310: 956-62.
Edlich F et al. (2011) Bcl-x(L) retrotranslocates Bax from the mitochondria into the cytosol.
Cell. 145: 104-16.
Zhou, H. et al. (2007) Complete activation of Bax by a single site mutation.
Oncogene. 26: 7092-102.
New Mitochondrial Dynamics Poster
Learn about the mitochondrial fusion-division cycle and how aberrant regulation results in diseaseDownload or order your free poster