ATP Citrate Lyase antibody
ATP citrate lyase is the primary enzyme responsible for the synthesis of cytosolic acetyl-CoA in many tissues. The enzyme is a tetramer (relative molecular weight approximately 440,000) of apparently identical subunits. It catalyzes the formation of acetyl-CoA and oxaloacetate from citrate and CoA with a concomitant hydrolysis of ATP to ADP and phosphate. The product, acetyl-CoA, serves several important biosynthetic pathways, including lipogenesis and cholesterogenesis. In nervous tissue, ATP citrate-lyase may be involved in the biosynthesis of acetylcholine. Two transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms have been identified for ATP citrate lyase (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human ATP citrate lyase antibody detects a band of 125 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti ATP Citrate Lyase detects a band of approximately 125 kDa in HeLa cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified recombinant fragment of human ATP Citrate Lysate, amino acids 306-502, expressed in E. coli
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003878 ATP citrate synthase activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004775 succinate-CoA ligase (ADP-forming) activity
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006101 citrate metabolic process
- GO:0006112 energy reserve metabolic process
- GO:0006200 ATP catabolic process
- GO:0008815 citrate (pro-3S)-lyase activity
- GO:0009346 citrate lyase complex
- GO:0015936 coenzyme A metabolic process
- GO:0019432 triglyceride biosynthetic process
- GO:0031325 positive regulation of cellular metabolic process
- GO:0035338 long-chain fatty-acyl-CoA biosynthetic process
- GO:0044262 cellular carbohydrate metabolic process
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of ATP Citrate Lyase antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra