ATP Citrate Lyase antibody
Mouse anti ATP Citrate Lyase
ATP-citrate lyase antibody recognizes the ATP-citrate lyase, also known as ATP-citrate (pro-S-)-lyase, ATP-citrate synthase or citrate cleavage enzyme. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
ATP citrate lyase is the primary enzyme responsible for the synthesis of cytosolic acetyl-CoA in many tissues. The enzyme is a tetramer (relative molecular weight approximately 440,000) of apparently identical subunits. It catalyzes the formation of acetyl-CoA and oxaloacetate from citrate and CoA with a concomitant hydrolysis of ATP to ADP and phosphate. The product, acetyl-CoA, serves several important biosynthetic pathways, including lipogenesis and cholesterogenesis. In nervous tissue, ATP citrate-lyase may be involved in the biosynthesis of acetylcholine. Two transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms have been identified for ATP citrate lyase (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human ATP citrate lyase antibody detects a band of 125 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti ATP Citrate Lyase detects a band of approximately 125 kDa in HeLa cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified recombinant fragment of human ATP Citrate Lysate, amino acids 306-502, expressed in E. coli
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P53396 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- ACLY Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003878 ATP citrate synthase activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004775 succinate-CoA ligase (ADP-forming) activity
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006101 citrate metabolic process
- GO:0006112 energy reserve metabolic process
- GO:0006200 ATP catabolic process
- GO:0008815 citrate (pro-3S)-lyase activity
- GO:0009346 citrate lyase complex
- GO:0015936 coenzyme A metabolic process
- GO:0019432 triglyceride biosynthetic process
- GO:0031325 positive regulation of cellular metabolic process
- GO:0035338 long-chain fatty-acyl-CoA biosynthetic process
- GO:0044262 cellular carbohydrate metabolic process
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of ATP Citrate Lyase antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.