The APOBEC3G gene is a member of the cytidine deaminase gene family. It is one of seven related genes or pseudogenes found in a cluster, thought to result from gene duplication, on chromosome 22. Members of the cluster encode proteins that are structurally and functionally related to the C to U RNA-editing cytidine deaminase APOBEC1. It is thought that the proteins may be RNA editing enzymes and have roles in growth or cell cycle control. The protein encoded by APOBEC3G has been found to be a specific inhibitor of human immunodeficiency virus-1 (HIV-1) infectivity (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human APOBEC3G antibody detects a band of 46 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti APOBEC3G detects a band of approximately 46 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E.coli-derived recombinant protein corresponding to aa 60-330 of human APOBEC3G
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Q9HC16 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- APOBEC3G Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0002230 positive regulation of defense response to virus by host
- GO:0003723 RNA binding
- GO:0009615 response to virus
- GO:0004126 cytidine deaminase activity
- GO:0005739 mitochondrion
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0006410 transcription, RNA-dependent
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0008829 dCTP deaminase activity
- GO:0016032 viral reproduction
- GO:0016553 base conversion or substitution editing
- GO:0030895 apolipoprotein B mRNA editing enzyme complex
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- GO:0045087 innate immune response
- GO:0045869 negative regulation of retroviral genome replication
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of APOBEC3G antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.