APEX1 antibody | CPTC15
Apurinic/apyrimidinic (AP) sites occur frequently in DNA molecules by spontaneous hydrolysis, by DNA damaging agents or by DNA glycosylases that remove specific abnormal bases. AP sites are pre-mutagenic lesions that can prevent normal DNA replication so the cell contains systems to identify and repair such sites. Class II AP endonucleases cleave the phosphodiester backbone 5' to the AP site. The APEX1 gene encodes the major AP endonuclease in human cells. Splice variants have been found for this gene; all encode the same protein (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human APEX1 antibody detects a band of 36 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti APEX1 detects a band of approximately 36 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant protein of human APEX1
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P27695 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- APEX1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003684 damaged DNA binding
- GO:0003713 transcription coactivator activity
- GO:0003714 transcription corepressor activity
- GO:0003723 RNA binding
- GO:0003906 DNA-(apurinic or apyrimidinic site) lyase activity
- GO:0005739 mitochondrion
- GO:0004523 ribonuclease H activity
- GO:0004528 phosphodiesterase I activity
- GO:0004844 uracil DNA N-glycosylase activity
- GO:0005783 endoplasmic reticulum
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0005840 ribosome
- GO:0005730 nucleolus
- GO:0005813 centrosome
- GO:0016491 oxidoreductase activity
- GO:0006284 base-excision repair
- GO:0006310 DNA recombination
- GO:0008408 3'-5' exonuclease activity
- GO:0016607 nuclear speck
- GO:0016890 site-specific endodeoxyribonuclease activity, specific for altered base
- GO:0031490 chromatin DNA binding
- GO:0043488 regulation of mRNA stability
- GO:0045739 positive regulation of DNA repair
- GO:0045768 positive regulation of anti-apoptosis
- GO:0048471 perinuclear region of cytoplasm
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of APEX1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.