APC2 antibody | OTI1B11
A large protein complex, termed the anaphase-promoting complex (APC) or the cyclosome, promotes metaphase-anaphase transition by ubiquitinating its specific substrates such as mitotic cyclins and anaphase inhibitor, which are subsequently degraded by the 26S proteasome. Biochemical studies have shown that the vertebrate APC contains eight subunits. The composition of the APC is highly conserved in organisms from yeast to humans. The product of this gene is a component of the complex and shares sequence similarity with a recently identified family of proteins called cullins, which may also be involved in ubiquitin-mediated degradation (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human APC2 antibody detects a band of 100kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti APC2 antibody detects a band of approximately 100 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatograpy on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- HEK293-derived full length recombinant human APC2
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- Q9UJX6 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- ANAPC2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000079 regulation of cyclin-dependent protein kinase activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004842 ubiquitin-protein ligase activity
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0005680 anaphase-promoting complex
- GO:0007067 mitosis
- GO:0007094 mitotic cell cycle spindle assembly checkpoint
- GO:0008054 cyclin catabolic process
- GO:0031145 anaphase-promoting complex-dependent proteasomal ubiquitin-dependent protein catabolic process
- GO:0031461 cullin-RING ubiquitin ligase complex
- GO:0031625 ubiquitin protein ligase binding
- GO:0051301 cell division
- GO:0051436 negative regulation of ubiquitin-protein ligase activity involved in mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0051437 positive regulation of ubiquitin-protein ligase activity involved in mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0070979 protein K11-linked ubiquitination
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of APC2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.