AMPK Alpha 1 antibody
Mouse anti AMPK Alpha 1
AMPK alpha 1 antibody recognizes 5'-amp-activated protein kinase catalytic subunit alpha-1, also known as 5'-AMP-activated protein kinase, catalytic alpha-1 chain, ACACA kinase, AMPK alpha 1, HMGCR kinase, or acetyl-CoA carboxylase kinase.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Encoded by PRKAA1 gene, AMPK alpha 1 belongs to the ser/thr protein kinase family. It is the catalytic subunit of the 5'-prime-AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK). AMPK is a cellular energy sensor conserved in all eukaryotic cells. The kinase activity of AMPK is activated by the stimuli that increase the cellular AMP/ATP ratio. AMPK regulates the activities of a number of key metabolic enzymes through phosphorylation. It protects cells from stresses that cause ATP depletion by switching off ATP-consuming biosynthetic pathways. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms have been observed (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human AMPK alpha 1 antibody detects a band of 64 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti AMPK alpha 1 detects a band of approximately 64 kDa in C6 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified recombinant fragment of human AMPK alpha 1 expressed in E. coli
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- Shelf Life
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Q13131 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- PRKAA1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000187 activation of MAPK activity
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0001666 response to hypoxia
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004691 cAMP-dependent protein kinase activity
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0006633 fatty acid biosynthetic process
- GO:0006695 cholesterol biosynthetic process
- GO:0007050 cell cycle arrest
- GO:0008286 insulin receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0045542 positive regulation of cholesterol biosynthetic process
- GO:0045768 positive regulation of anti-apoptosis
- GO:0046318 negative regulation of glucosylceramide biosynthetic process
- GO:0046320 regulation of fatty acid oxidation
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of AMPK Alpha 1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.