AMPK Alpha 1 antibody
Encoded by PRKAA1 gene, AMPK alpha 1 belongs to the ser/thr protein kinase family. It is the catalytic subunit of the 5'-prime-AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK). AMPK is a cellular energy sensor conserved in all eukaryotic cells. The kinase activity of AMPK is activated by the stimuli that increase the cellular AMP/ATP ratio. AMPK regulates the activities of a number of key metabolic enzymes through phosphorylation. It protects cells from stresses that cause ATP depletion by switching off ATP-consuming biosynthetic pathways. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms have been observed (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human AMPK alpha 1 antibody detects a band of 64 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti AMPK alpha 1 detects a band of approximately 64 kDa in C6 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified recombinant fragment of human AMPK alpha 1 expressed in E. coli
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000187 activation of MAPK activity
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0001666 response to hypoxia
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004691 cAMP-dependent protein kinase activity
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0006633 fatty acid biosynthetic process
- GO:0006695 cholesterol biosynthetic process
- GO:0007050 cell cycle arrest
- GO:0008286 insulin receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0045542 positive regulation of cholesterol biosynthetic process
- GO:0045768 positive regulation of anti-apoptosis
- GO:0046318 negative regulation of glucosylceramide biosynthetic process
- GO:0046320 regulation of fatty acid oxidation
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of AMPK Alpha 1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra