Alpha Fetoprotein antibody
Mouse anti Alpha Fetoprotein
Alpha fetoprotein antibody recognizes alpha fetoprotein, also known as alpha-1-fetoprotein or alpha-fetoglobulin. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Elevated AFP levels are indicative of certain cancers, particularly hepatocellular carcinoma, cancer of the testes or ovaries or a malignant teratoma. During pregnancy increased levels of AFP may indicate neural tube defects such as spina bifida (Bredaki et al. 2012), while decreased levels could indicate Down’s syndrome (Norgaard-Pedersen et al. 1976).
Mouse Anti Human Alpha Fetoprotein antibody recognizes alpha fetoprotein as a band of ~69 kDa in HepG2 whole cell lysate by Western blotting under reducing conditions and does not cross-react with human albumin.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti alpha fetoprotein antibody detects a band of approximately 69 kDa in HepG2 cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified human alpha fetoprotein
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- P02771 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- AFP Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0006810 transport
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Alpha Fetoprotein antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.