Alpha Fetoprotein antibody
Elevated AFP levels are indicative of certain cancers, particularly hepatocellular carcinoma, cancer of the testes or ovaries or a malignant teratoma. During pregnancy increased levels of AFP may indicate neural tube defects such as spina bifida (Bredaki et al. 2012), while decreased levels could indicate Down’s syndrome (Norgaard-Pedersen et al. 1976).
Mouse Anti Human Alpha Fetoprotein antibody recognizes alpha fetoprotein as a band of ~69 kDa in HepG2 whole cell lysate by Western blotting under reducing conditions and does not cross-react with human albumin.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti alpha fetoprotein antibody detects a band of approximately 69 kDa in HepG2 cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified human alpha fetoprotein
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0006810 transport
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Alpha Fetoprotein antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|