Alpha Fetoprotein antibody
Filter by Application:WB Reset
|Mouse anti Human alpha fetoprotein antibody recognizes alpha fetoprotein (AFP), a 609 amino acid member of the ALB/AFP/VDB family containing 3 albumin domains. Human alpha fetoprotein, also known as alpha fetoglobulin is a plasma protein found in fetuses over four weeks old, produced by the yolk sac and the fetal liver, with the highest concentration reached during the 12th to 16th week of gestation. It binds and transports various ligands such as bilirubin, fatty acids, steroids, heavy metals and various drugs (Aoyagi et al. 1979). After birth, plasma levels drop to trace amounts in healthy adults.
Elevated AFP levels are indicative of certain cancers, particularly hepatocellular carcinoma, cancer of the testes or ovaries or a malignant teratoma. During pregnancy increased levels of AFP may indicate neural tube defects such as spina bifida (Bredaki et al. 2012), while decreased levels could indicate Down’s syndrome (Norgaard-Pedersen et al. 1976).
Mouse Anti Human Alpha Fetoprotein antibody recognizes alpha fetoprotein as a band of ~69 kDa in HepG2 whole cell lysate by Western blotting under reducing conditions and does not cross-react with human albumin.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti alpha fetoprotein antibody detects a band of approximately 69 kDa in HepG2 cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3).
- Purified human alpha fetoprotein
- For research purposes only.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Human Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up