Alpha Fetoprotein antibody | 4A3
Elevated AFP levels are indicative of certain cancers, particularly hepatocellular carcinoma, cancer of the testes or ovaries or a malignant teratoma. During pregnancy increased levels of AFP may indicate neural tube defects such as spina bifida, while decreased levels could indicate Down’s syndrome.
Mouse anti Human alpha Fetoprotein antibody, clone 4A3 does not cross-react with human albumin.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified human alpha fetoprotein.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the Sp2/0 myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0006810 transport
- For research purposes only
Applications of Alpha Fetoprotein antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Alpha Fetoprotein antibody
Wang, X.W. & Xu, B. (1998) Stimulation of tumor-cell growth by alpha-fetoprotein.
Int J Cancer. 75 (4): 596-9.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra