Alpha B Crystallin antibody | 2E8
Besides the involvement of both alpha A and alpha B crystallin in the prevention of protein precipitation and cataract formation in the eye, alpha crystallins have also been demonstrated in other tissues including the heart, brain, kidney, spleen and thymus. Studies have shown that a mutation in alpha B crystallin is responsible for desmin-related myopathy (DRM) and cataract (Perng et al. 1999.). Alpha B crystallin is also a major component of the astrocytic inclusions known as Rosenthal fibers (RFs), found in Alexander's disease (Iwaki et al. 1989).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant human alpha B crystallin (amino acids 1-175) purified from E. coli.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse Sp2/0 myeloma cell line.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0051082 unfolded protein binding
- GO:0006457 protein folding
- GO:0006936 muscle contraction
- GO:0005212 structural constituent of eye lens
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006916 anti-apoptosis
- GO:0009408 response to heat
- GO:0032387 negative regulation of intracellular transport
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0051260 protein homooligomerization
- For research purposes only
Applications of Alpha B Crystallin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Western Blotting
- MCA2697 detects a band of approximately 20kDa in mouse eye cell lysates.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Alpha B Crystallin antibody
van Nierop, G.P. et al. (2015) Intrathecal CD8 T-cells of multiple sclerosis patients recognize lytic Epstein-Barr virus proteins.
Mult Scler. pii: 1352458515588581.
Perng, M.D. et al. (1999) The cardiomyopathy and lens cataract mutation in alphaB-crystallin alters its protein structure, chaperone activity, and interaction with intermediate filaments in vitro.
J Biol Chem. 274 (47): 33235-43.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra