Aldehyde Dehydrogenase 3 antibody | OTI1B6
Mouse anti Aldehyde Dehydrogenase 3
Aldehyde dehydrogenase 3 antibody recognizes aldehyde dehydrogenase isozyme 3, also known as aldehyde dehydrogenase type III, aldehyde dehydrogenase dimeric NADP-preferring or stomach aldehyde dehydrogenase. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Aldehyde dehydrogenases oxidize various aldehydes to the corresponding acids. They are involved in the detoxification of alcohol-derived acetaldehyde and in the metabolism of corticosteroids, biogenic amines, neurotransmitters, and lipid peroxidation. The enzyme encoded by ALDH3A1 gene forms a cytoplasmic homodimer that preferentially oxidizes aromatic and medium-chain (6 carbons or more) saturated and unsaturated aldehyde substrates. It is thought to promote resistance to UV and 4-hydroxy-2-nonenal-induced oxidative damage in the cornea. The gene is located within the Smith-Magenis syndrome region on chromosome 17. Multiple alternatively spliced variants, encoding the same protein, have been identified (provided by RefSeq, Sep 2008).
Mouse anti Human aldehyde dehydrogenase 3 antibody detects a band of 50 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti aldehyde dehydrogenase 3 detects a band of approximately 50 kDa in A549 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Full length recombinant human aldehyde dehydrogenase 3 (NP_000682) produced in HEK293T cells
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P30838 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- ALDH3A1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0004029 aldehyde dehydrogenase (NAD) activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005783 endoplasmic reticulum
- GO:0006081 cellular aldehyde metabolic process
- GO:0055114 oxidation-reduction process
- GO:0008106 alcohol dehydrogenase (NADP+) activity
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Aldehyde Dehydrogenase 3 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.