AKT1 antibody | AbD02147
Two serine/threonine kinases, designated AKT1 and AKT2 exhibit sequence homology with the protein kinase A and C families and are encoded by the c-AKT proto-oncogene. AKT1 and the related AKT2 are activated by platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF). The activation is rapid and specific, and it is abrogated by mutations in the Pleckstrin homology domain (PH) of AKT1. It was shown that the activation occurs through phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase. Binding of the PH domain to the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase alpha (PI(3)K) results in its targeting to the plasma membrane. Additionally, the activation of AKT1 and AKT2 is inhibited by the PI kinase inhibitor wortmannin. Taken together, this data strongly suggests that the protein signals downstream of the PI kinases. In the developing nervous system AKT is a critical mediator of growth factor-induced neuronal survival. Survival factors can suppress apoptosis in a transcription-independent manner by activating the serine/threonine kinase AKT1, which then phosphorylates and inactivates components of the apoptotic machinery.
Phosphorylation on Thr-308, Ser-473 and Tyr-474 is required for full activity. Ser-473 is dephosphorylated by PH domain leucine-rich repeat protein phosphatase (Gao et al. 2005).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat Expected from Sequence Mouse Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- A bivalent human recombinant Fab selected from the HuCAL® GOLD phage display library. Expressed in E. coli and purified using NiNTA affinity chromatography. This Fab fragment is dimerized via a helix-turn-helix motif. The antibody is tagged with a myc-tag (EQKLISEEDL) and a his-tag (HHHHHH) at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain.
- Metal-chelate affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- Human AKT1 (Val-106 - Ala-480) fusion protein. The antigen contains the complete kinase domain (amino acids 150 to 408) but not the N-terminal PH domain. Amino acid residues 106-480, MW 77.8 kDa.
- Activity was tested by indirect ELISA: recombinant purified GST-AKT1 (5 μg/ml) plus unrelated control proteins were immobilized on a microtiter plate. Specific binding was monitored by first adding HCA003 (2 μg/ml), then adding a secondary antibody (goat anti-human F(ab')2 fragment specific, AP conjugate. 1:5000 diluted). A fluorescent signal was created by adding the AP substrate Attophos. The signal on the antigen is at least 5-fold above background, whereas the signal on the control antigens is less than 1.5-fold above background.
- Purity was tested by SDS-PAGE and Coomassie-staining of a 2 μg sample.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Antibody concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store at +4°C or at -20°C if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody.
- 6 months from date of despatch
- P31749 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- AKT1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0000060 protein import into nucleus, translocation
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004674 protein serine/threonine kinase activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005547 phosphatidylinositol-3,4,5-trisphosphate binding
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0005978 glycogen biosynthetic process
- GO:0006417 regulation of translation
- GO:0006469 negative regulation of protein kinase activity
- GO:0006809 nitric oxide biosynthetic process
- GO:0006924 activation-induced cell death of T cells
- GO:0007186 G-protein coupled receptor protein signaling pathway
- GO:0008286 insulin receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0008629 induction of apoptosis by intracellular signals
- GO:0008633 activation of pro-apoptotic gene products
- GO:0042802 identical protein binding
- GO:0009408 response to heat
- GO:0010748 negative regulation of plasma membrane long-chain fatty acid transport
- GO:0010975 regulation of neuron projection development
- GO:0016071 mRNA metabolic process
- GO:0046326 positive regulation of glucose import
- GO:0046889 positive regulation of lipid biosynthetic process
- GO:0019899 enzyme binding
- GO:0018105 peptidyl-serine phosphorylation
- GO:0048015 phosphatidylinositol-mediated signaling
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0030235 nitric-oxide synthase regulator activity
- GO:0030307 positive regulation of cell growth
- GO:0031018 endocrine pancreas development
- GO:0031295 T cell costimulation
- GO:0031659 positive regulation of cyclin-dependent protein kinase activity involved in G1/S
- GO:0031999 negative regulation of fatty acid beta-oxidation
- GO:0034405 response to fluid shear stress
- GO:0043325 phosphatidylinositol-3,4-bisphosphate binding
- GO:0045429 positive regulation of nitric oxide biosynthetic process
- GO:0045600 positive regulation of fat cell differentiation
- GO:0045725 positive regulation of glycogen biosynthetic process
- GO:0046777 protein autophosphorylation
- GO:0048009 insulin-like growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0048011 nerve growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0051000 positive regulation of nitric-oxide synthase activity
- GO:0070141 response to UV-A
- GO:0090004 positive regulation of establishment of protein localization in plasma membrane
- Sold under license of U.S. Patents 6753136, 7785859 and 8273688 and corresponding patents. This antibody was developed by Bio-Rad, Zeppelinstr. 4, 82178 Puchheim, Germany.
His-tag is a registered trademark of EMD Biosciences.Western blotting data kindly provided by ProQinase GmbH, Freiburg.
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes only, unless otherwise specified in writing by Bio-Rad.
- For research purposes only
Applications of AKT1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual