Rat anti Human AID antibody, clone EK2-5G9
recognizes human Single-stranded DNA cytosine deaminase, also known as Activation-induced cytidine deaminase or Cytidine aminohydrolase. AID is a 198 amino acid ~24 kDa RNA-editing enzyme essential for the initiation of immunoglobulin class switch recombination, somatic hypermutation and gene conversion.
AID is selectively expressed by germinal centre B cells and B cell-derived lymphomas (Basso et al. 2012
). Mutation in the AICDA gene is responsible for the autosomal recessive condition Immunodeficiency with hyper-IgM 2 (HIGM2
) A rare immunodeficiency syndrome characterized by normal or elevated serum IgM levels with absence of IgG, IgA, and IgE resulting in extreme susceptibility to bacterial infection.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 185-198 of human AID.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from Long Evans rats were fused with cells of the P3X63-Ag8.653 myeloma cell line.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
cytidine deaminase activity
zinc ion binding
B cell differentiation
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of AID antibody
|Flow Cytometry 1
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 2
- 1Membrane permeabilisation is required for this application. Bio-Rad recommends the use of Leucoperm™ (Product Code BUF09) for this purpose.
- 2This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. EDTA pH8.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Germinal centre B cells
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra