AID antibody | EK2-5G9
|Rat anti Human AID antibody, clone EK2-5G9 recognizes human Single-stranded DNA cytosine deaminase, also known as Activation-induced cytidine deaminase or Cytidine aminohydrolase. AID is a 198 amino acid ~24 kDa RNA-editing enzyme essential for the initiation of immunoglobulin class switch recombination, somatic hypermutation and gene conversion.
AID is selectively expressed by germinal centre B cells and B cell-derived lymphomas (Basso et al. 2012). Mutation in the AICDA gene is responsible for the autosomal recessive condition Immunodeficiency with hyper-IgM 2 (HIGM2) A rare immunodeficiency syndrome characterized by normal or elevated serum IgM levels with absence of IgG, IgA, and IgE resulting in extreme susceptibility to bacterial infection.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 185-198 of human AID.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from Long Evans rats were fused with cells of the P3X63-Ag8.653 myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Flow Cytometry 1|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 2|
- 1 Membrane permeabilization is required for this application. The use of Leucoperm (Product Code BUF09) is recommended for this purpose.
- 2This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. EDTA pH8.0 is recommended for this purpose.>
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Germinal centre B cells
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up