Actin Gamma antibody
Mouse anti Actin Gamma
Actin gamma antibody recognizes cytoplasmic actin gamma, also known as gamma-actin or cytoplasmic 2. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Actins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in cell motility, structure and integrity and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells. Six different isoforms of actin have been identified (Vandekerckhove and Weber 1978). Mouse anti Human actin gamma antibody is highly specific for actin gamma and does not react with other actin isoforms.
Mouse anti Human actin gamma antibody recognizes actin gamma as a single band of ~42 kDa in multiple human cell line lysates by western blotting under reducing conditions.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti actin gamma antibody detects a band of approximately 42 kDa in HeLa cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity African green monkey Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to the N-terminal nonapeptide of gamma-cytoplasmic actin coupled to KLH
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P63261 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- ACTG1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0007596 blood coagulation
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005200 structural constituent of cytoskeleton
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005856 cytoskeleton
- GO:0006928 cellular component movement
- GO:0007411 axon guidance
- GO:0042802 identical protein binding
- GO:0034329 cell junction assembly
- GO:0034332 adherens junction organization
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Actin Gamma antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.