Actin Beta antibody
Actin beta is highly conserved throughout evolution, with all vertebrate and invertebrate species reviewed to date bearing a 98% or greater amino acid primary sequence identity to human actin beta. Plant species also exhibit a high degree of primary sequence conservation displaying considerable similarity to animal actin beta. For example, nearly 90% sequence identity is observed between the human ACTB and the model plant species Arabidopsis thaliana (mouse eared cress) ACT1 (Arabidopsis) gene products.
Actin beta is a commonly used western blotting loading control for cell and tissue lysates across many species due to its ubiquitous expression and evolutionary conservation rendering antibodies against this target cross reactive with protein preparations from many different organisms.
Human anti Human actin beta antibody recognizes human actin beta as a single band of ~42 kDa in multiple human and rodent cell line lysates by western blotting under reducing conditions.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti actin beta antibody detects a band of approximately 42 kDa in HeLa cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- A bivalent human recombinant Fab selected from the HuCAL® GOLD phage display library, expressed in E. coli. This Fab fragment is dimerized via a helix-turn-helix motif. The antibody is tagged with myc-tag (EQKLISEEDL) and a double extended Strep-tag at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain. This product is supplied as a liquid.
- Recombinant human monoclonal antibody purified by Strep-Tactin affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified human beta actin
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- Sold under license of U.S. Patents 6753136, 7785859 and 8273688 and corresponding patents. This antibody was developed by Bio-Rad, Zeppelinstr. 4, 82178 Puchheim, Germany. PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Actin Beta antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.